Monday, February 2, 2009

You never know who you'll meet…

Isn’t it thrilling? The unexpected nature of life itself absolutely enchants me daily. You never know who you’ll meet or what might happen. It just does! There really is never a dull moment if you open yourself to all the possibilities life has in store for you.

My entire life has been an adventure. Nothing has been planned or rehearsed, I wasn’t programmed by my family or upbringing to follow a certain path, nothing was preordained for me…it was a free form creative process I’m still working on. I hope to someday obtain the status of what Oscar Wilde talked about when he said some people made art while others lived art. Well, I hope to live art and enjoy my masterpiece with all I meet…because, well…you never know who you’ll meet…

A month ago today, I met an amazing man I am absolutely intrigued by. A week later I met extraordinary people who are probably contributing to the Tuesday Topic experience today. The week after I met a new group of people I’m currently working with…the list expands, the world widens and our perceptions of life never are the same. We mold each other with our actions and attitudes everyday. Then we meet more people and more ideas are shared, new projects are born and then…life itself is transformed.

When writers express the adage, “You can never go home again,” it has to do with all the journeys we take figuratively as well as literally. And as well traveled as you may be, aren’t the people in your life the biggest trips you’ve ever had? I’m sure you are thinking of some of them right now….I won’t disturb your experience with my stories and allow you to reflect.

Before the holidays, I met one of the most fascinating women ever! Her name is Margaret Kent and she wrote How to Marry the Man of Your Choice. What a compelling, dynamite and delightful woman she is! Her wit and charm surpass almost anyone humanly possible. By the way her husband smiles and responds to her, she must be the most wonderful companion known on earth. Well, she coached me on meeting eligible bachelors by instructing me to say hello to all the men I run across for a week. My assignment was to greet 100 men without necessarily creating conversation. Talk about never knowing who you’ll meet! It was curiously simple to greet 100 men, but the best part was sharing stories about my experiences doing so! I had so much fun; I don’t ever have to do it again. Please try it…you never know who you’ll meet!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your absolutely delightful perspective on life. You are one of my favorite people to have met - and although our paths have crossed a number of times in the last year, I feel like the last month has been the most precious. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love running into you...you are a breath of fresh air in a stagnant critial era. Your smile is as infectious as it is genuine and I appreciate you deeply!