Saturday, February 14, 2009

About My Love…


When my heart swells with longing for you, I can’t remember the past. My feelings overcome me as if I never felt any other emotion. The sensation blocks all other experiences and I feel engulfed in this journey towards you.


Slowly I discover the way you think, your patterns of behavior, the way you gesture or switch thoughts…the silences pregnant with longing.


I sometimes think of the intentness with which you touch my hands. How you study my fingers as if they could unlock some mystery.


The wait and anticipation of our next encounter grows as does our understanding. I’ve never felt so close to someone so distant, strange or unusual yet so familiar.


You’ve become part of my psyche with a flavor of eternal.


In short, Happy Valentine’s Day!


Kisses


Portrait of the moon by Deborah Carney for Loxly Galleries.

No comments: