Friday, July 22, 2011

Happiness

Happiness is the life force itself. The Chinese dragon is a depiction of that energy. It is wild and exciting filled with possibility. Like life itself it is unpredictable and can not be controlled or tempered. It is the surprise of the unexpected and the promise of the unknown.


Life is a one way ride that can be very enjoyable. One of the greatest joys in life is to wake up to a new day of adventure. If seeing life as an adventure is possible, then it is rarely mundane. To embrace each moment and breathe in elements of change is essential for happiness.


Personally, I am happy because I choose to be so. I love taking naps. Getting fresh air. Washing my face. Calling a friend. Lounging with good company. Deciding what beverage will quench my thirst. These are all pleasurable experiences for me that bring me joy. I like laughing out loud and embarrassing others or myself with our humanity. It is fun to be human. We are cute, funny and sometimes really awkward beings.


A sunny day with a cool breeze is happiness. It makes everything look a little sharper. Animals get frisky and people wear soft knits that usually make them look nice. The last few days have had that quality and the sun is at an angle that gives off golden light in the late afternoon. I love this time of year…


The ability to appreciate simple pleasures is happiness.

No comments: