Sunday, June 12, 2011

Anyway...

You see things as you see them, because you can’t see them any other way. It is a very difficult and hurtful position at times. Everyone is an island. We all process information with our own brains, not anyone else’s. Attempts to see anything from another person’s perspective is probably impossible. And yet, we should never give up trying to be compassionate.

I really love what Amanda Gore has to say. She understands how we are all stuck in our own heads and tries to help people unglue themselves from their own mental shackles. Now, I am definitely a “Tadaist” and happy to be one.



Years ago, I used to walk into my manager’s office and sang the Mighty Mouse song, “Here I come to save the day!!” She would look at me as if I were out of my mind and wish me a “good morning and please go away!!” This was a theme in my life I sadly noticed repeating itself way too often.

Regardless, my happy go lucky attitude has worked for me. It doesn’t save me from bitter, emotional vampires though. I’ve been told once too often that I’m “too nice” or “too good” to undeserving people. How could I be different? These comments really send out red flags for me.

It really seems insane.

If we aren’t gentle, kind and fun-loving people with each other…what’s the alternative? I’m quite fine with whatever disappointments life brings my way. I’m going to be nice to you anyway. However, if I perceive you are undeserving, then you will be shut out. It works and I don’t have to be something I’m not.

1 comment:

Jorgito said...

I personally enjoy genuine people the most. Although it is true that it sometimes brings us pain, it is far better to be genuine and hurt, than to pretend to be who we are not to please others or to be accepted. Keep singing your victory song, and when you find the right person, they will learn to sing along!